RESPECT Talent Show
On Wednesday 15th of January, we had a talent show for RESPECT, which is a charity based on the Navan Rd which caters for the needs of people with intellectual disabilities. We have a RESPECT committee in the school. It is an inter-school committee which is made up of students from St Dominics and ourselves.
The show was hosted by Bryan O’Sullivan, who was very funny and entertaining. The judging panel consisted of Mr Burke from our school, Ms Brannigan from Dominic’s, and special guest Caroline Boyce.
List of acts:
1) Jordan Reilly opened the show with his electric guitar.
2) Roxanna, Nicole, and Emma sang a mash up of pop songs.
3) Andrew Morrison played an acoustic piece.
4) Robin Murphy sang ‘You’ve got the love’ by Florence and the Machine.
5) Sean, Ryan and Conor sang, played guitar, and played piano (‘Love Me Again’ by John Newman).
6) Lucy and Stephanie sang ‘Radioactive’ by Imagine Dragons.
7) Kevin Boland played tin whistle – ‘Inis Oirr’ and ‘The Copperplates’
8) Clarissa, Maria and Sarah sang ‘The Man Who Can’t Be Moved’ by The Script.
9) Kevin, Aidan and Gavin performed ‘Pumped Up Kicks’ by Foster The People.
10) Dominic’s Choir sang ‘We go together’ by Grease.
While the judges decided first to third place, the raffle took place. We were also entertained by performances from The Cascades and Spielberg, and a surprise performance by Sean, Conor, Ryan, Gavin, Aidan and a host of other Transition Years.
After that third to first place was announced. In third place was Kevin Boland in second place were Clarissa, Maria and Sarah. The overall winners of the talent show were Sean, Conor and Ryan.
We all had a brilliant night and raised a lot of money for RESPECT while doing so.